Let’s get straight to the point: Where you work matters. That’s where we come in. Maven Landscape Services is Texas’ premier landscape management company. Our team is a supportive group of hard-working, no-nonsense, straight-shooting men and women. Each day, we endeavour to enrich others’ lives through beautiful landscapes. Why? Because we believe life is better outside. It’s our passion. Join a workplace where you can learn, grow, and prove your worth — each and every day.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Landscape Technician. Ideal candidates will have the right attitude and mix of customer service skills, horticultural knowledge, and a desire to provide the best in quality of service. We are looking for someone with an eagerness to learn. If you aren't knowledgeable in this industry, that's okay... we're here to help mentor you!
This is a career that will allow you to be outside a majority of the time, and it is a position where you will be active, so you won't get that sluggish feeling.
What you'd be responsible for…
- Maintaining public outdoor places.
- Planting, triming, fertilizing and weeding to keep areas looking neat.
- Removing damaged or dead plants, monitoring overall health and growth of plants.
- Directing a team of two or more laborers on a job site.
- Assisting the Account Manager by daily updating them on client properties and projects. This includes answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
- Assist the Account Manager in completing the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, etc.
- Assisting the Account Manager in planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Maintaining assigned equipment and notifying mechanic of needed repairs.
- Applying chemicals under the direction of a licensed custom applicator.
What experience we're looking for…
What skills we're looking for…
- Works well with a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and work outside.
- Ability to learn how to read and implement landscaping plans, including reviewing the plan with team leaders.
- Ability to operate or learn how to operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to backhoes, bobcats, dingos, tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, chain saws, and drills.
- Ability to operate automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Clean DMV record.
Hiring by Maven Landscapes,