Let’s get straight to the point: Where you work matters. That’s where we come in. Maven Landscape Services is Texas’ premier landscape management company. Our team is a supportive group of hard-working, no-nonsense, straight-shooting men and women. Each day, we endeavour to enrich others’ lives through beautiful landscapes. Why? Because we believe life is better outside. It’s our passion. Join a workplace where you can learn, grow, and prove your worth — each and every day.
We are currently looking for a hard-worked individual to join our team as an Herbicide / Chemical Applicator. The ideal candidate will be expected to apply chemicals to plants, trees, and grass to enhance plant growth and control weeds and pests. Working conditions include contaminated air, extreme temperatures, and hazardous materials.
What you'd be responsible for…
- Setting up and operating hand and power spray equipment to spray, and/or spread various chemicals and other designated materials including pesticides, herbicides, soil sterilants, grass killer, hormones, fertilizers, seeds, and specified soil amendments.
- Installing, adjusting, and performing minor repairs on application equipment.
- Maintaining records on chemical application activities in compliance with EPA, OSHA, state and federal regulations.
- Maintaining work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices and in compliance with OSHA
- Scheduling and coordinating regularly scheduled pest control activities and responds to trouble calls; serving as a front-line representative between Facilities Management and users regarding pest management issues.
- Assisting in preparing pest control estimates for contractor bids and service work orders.
- Maintaining and updating Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemical usage.
- Assisting in training grounds staff in pest and weed control safety and in fertilizer use applications.
- Maintaining equipment and tools used in chemical application and sends out for service as required.
- Acquiring and storing pesticide solutions; mixing or diluting specified chemicals or materials according to directions and applying them at the recommended rate.
- Instructing helpers, as required, in applying sprays and other materials.
- Inspecting outdoor areas and recommends extermination and pest control methods.
- Scheduling pest and weed controls.
- Assisting in the upkeep of the grounds.
What skills we're looking for…
- Knowledge of chemical application regulations and techniques.
- Skill in the application of chemicals.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations.
- Two years of chemical applications experience and possession of a current Commercial Pesticide Applicator License with the State of Texas.
- Possession of a current Texas driver’s license upon employment.
Hiring by Maven Landscapes,