Properties owners and managers have a lot of responsibility! Every decision they make influences how guests and visitors perceive their property — and whether or not they want to stick around. Professional landscaping firms should help with managing all of this responsibility. But they don’t always do that.
So I’ve compiled six questions I believe are critical for any property manager or owner to ask before working with a commercial landscaping firm.
- Do they have a good track record? — Since you’re entrusting the entire care of your property to them, reliability is crucial when hiring a landscaping firm. Look at the reviews for the company online, or see if they have testimonials on their website. Ask around to see what other property managers and owners think. If a company has proven itself in the past, it’s likely they’ll keep proving themselves in the future.
- What do they work on? — In other words: are they positioned to help you? If the company you’re hoping to work with has little experience with commercial properties, a little hesitance is okay. This goes hand-in-hand with their track record — if a company isn’t reliable enough and doesn’t have a lot of experience working on larger properties, you’re probably going to be less likely to trust them. At Maven, we specialize in retail and healthcare facilities as well as large multifamily properties and churches.
- Can they do everything I need them to do? — Think about everything that has to happen on your property in order for it to be the best it can be. The company you hire should be able to do all of these things capably. There’s nothing worse than working with a company that frequently subcontracts out their work. Maven is proud to offer a whole suite of commercial landscaping services — ranging from property maintenance to landscape lighting, to lawn, tree and garden maintenance, to designing and building hardscape projects — all under one roof!
- Do they value their customers? — Customer service is important, but what’s even more important are relationships. If a company isn’t willing to be proactive and go above and beyond for their clients, they might not be the best fit. We believe that landscaping companies ought to be giving people their time back — we try as hard as we can to completely manage properties and respond to issues before they become problems. It’s why we developed “Our Promises”:
- No surprises — You only pay for what you agree to.
- Communication — We’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
- Timeliness — If we say we’ll be there, we’ll be there.
- Respect — We’ll treat your property, your staff and your family like our own.
- Cleanliness — Our staff and our vehicles are professional and presentable at all times.
If you’re a property manager or owner, we can help. At Maven, our trained team of professionals will work with you to develop a unique program to manage your grounds — keeping them beautiful year-round. Our attention to detail and customer service that set us apart from other landscaping businesses. Get in touch and let’s chat!